Friday, March 5, 2010

Flights of Fancy Friday.....Dreaming of Sandy Beaches and Balmy Weather

This morning I'm longing for sandy beaches, sunny days and balmy weather. What I wouldn't give for a warm weekend getaway. Alas, this little jaunt will have to take place in my mind. Thank goodness I have a good imagination. To help everyone get in the mood, here are some of my favorite vintage travel finds.

.

Of course you can't head off into the sunset without some fabulous luggage. These vintage valise would be a pleasure to pack. First up, an awesome hand decorated vintage train case from Get Ready, Set, Go . It screams for some hot rollers and Dippity Do, in a modern sort of way, of course. The second, from Cheeky Vintage Closet, really floats my boat! These feather light florals invoke visions of large sunglasses, wide brimmed hats and daiquiris poolside, in a plush palms hotel. And while today's lavish holiday doesn't include my little angels, who could resist sending them to grandma's house without their own posh overnighter. This one, from 1stLove , would definitely get my little girl packing!


Now that I've finished with the  preparations, it time to kick back and relax in my little tropical oasis.


 While I usually don't want to be reminded of  the time once I've arrived at my exotic hideaway by the sea,  I have to say waking up to this vintage gem, from Sugar Lily Vintage, would put a smile on my face.


After an exhausting day of lounging in warm ocean breezes, sipping on mai tai cocktails, I'm definitely ready for a night on the town. This stunning 1930's Kamehameha wedding set, from Fab Gabs Vintage , is just what I'd wear to dance the night away.


As the morning sun rises and the sounds of the oceans waves wake me from my slumber, there is time for one more relaxing walk along the shore. With just enough room for a small blanket,  my morning coffee and a few tasty morsels, this basket from Faded Prairie,  is perfect for an early morning picnic.

What a relaxing trip it was, flittering about the waves and lounging in the intoxicating breezes. With these fabulous finds, I arrived in style, woke with a smile, danced the night away and found some well needed respite from a hectic week.  I hope you are as relaxed as I am now!

I think I may have to take a 15 minute vacation every Friday. Enjoy your weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I love it. The little girl suitcase I would love to have. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails